Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wacky Weather Does NOT Call for Obnoxious Outfits

As my four year stint in the Midwest comes to a close, I understand the crazy, all over the place weather that is common during the spring time. However, just because it's 50 one day and 75 the next, doesn't mean your outfit choices should suffer.

The most recent phenomenon I've been noticing around the University of Missouri campus is shorts paired with bigger, winter jackets. It you're going to wear a peacoat because it's cold outside, put on some damn pants. Shorts with a light zip up or fleece seems acceptable, especially when going in and out of classroom buildings that seem to be freezing in the summer and hot in the winter.

The only remedy I have for this is for people to PLAN AHEAD. Most of us have TVs these days to look up the local news or weather channel. Most of us have laptops or other computers to check weather.com or local news websites. Or heck. Most people have smart phones now that are capable of looking up the weather on the Internet or via an app they downloaded.

Come on. Don't be an idiot. I'm embarrassed for you.

I wish I had a picture to show you, but Google results weren't as helpful for this post. I'll try to whip out the trusty iPhone the next time I see this atrocity.

No comments:

Post a Comment